Friday, October 14, 2011

Childhood Sweethearts

I was sitting on the couch with closed eyes in my room listening to Don McLean's "Killing Me Softly" the other night which I usually do whenever I'm in Home. I was really tired. It was a hectic day. It was fuzzy and a hazy weather outside. I reclined. Inadvertently, I dozed off and when I got up it was 2 in the morning and AC/DC's "Money Talks" was paying on my Bose.
I stood up to dislocate myself from that couch to the bed and abruptly my eyes went on an old closet which was lying on the other side of my room. Actually, that was my school time closet which was closed from years rather ages, because after and even before starting my college I never bothered myself to open it. Eventually, I was amused and showed up some courtesy to open it 'cause I was curious to know what's inside. Everything was well placed and cleaned so, I assumed my steward kept it like that from the commencement. I was looking on the piles of divergent books and suddenly a white colored dairy fell from above.
"You will never know true happiness until you have truly loved, 
and you will never understand what pain really is until you have lost it".
This line was written on the cover of that diary which addlepated me ;o
I opened it in a flash. There were couple of drawings & sketches on the first page. The dairy was of Year 2001
I kept turning the pages and still no clue '?'
I turned the pages of the diary and I read 2-3 pages. Then I reached on the page where the topic said 'Hilarious Day'. There I stopped and started reading it.

I have written as it is below:

"Today, I was late for school which usually happens. Actually very late, to be precise. The disciplinary in-charge was mad on me.
Class already began and when I stepped in, everybody stared at me as if I was an assassin. Not paying much of the attention to them I went & sat with Sara, unlike every other day she was continuously smiling and I got befuddled but she made me comfortable by not really doing what everybody was doing and anyway I was relaxed by her smile. After the teacher resumed the class she just bounced and excitedly showed me her new waist bag which she was already wearing. She calls it her "stationary pouch". I smiled as Noelle & Ashley were giggling. There was no limit of her excitement today. In the 3rd period the teacher told her to put off her bag, she frowned but, she didn't take it off. After 5 minutes teacher again told her to take it off but this time strictly and then she started arguing. Ashley me & other mates laughed emphatically. Inadvertently Sara also started laughing & Noelle, my god! she bursted out with a loud laugh. The reason to laugh was not because teacher was scolding but it was because she was arguing very cutely. Though she took it off in order to respect the teacher. In the next period again she put that on. And when I saw she gave me a big smile and said 'this is my best pencil box ever'.
I giggled inside & Noelle was still out of control.
------End of the note-----------

There was a lot more written in the note... That's a secret!!
My eyes got wider and brows raised when I read this whole note. After couple of seconds inevitably I started laughing.


-Er. Garv Dilip Vadehra


P.S.- Names have been changed. Each name has the same initial alphabet as the original name.

3 comments:

  1. awesome..:) keep writin....
    n start writin more frequently..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great post Garv,as someone who knows how to comment but yet doesn't do enough of it, thank you for reminding me how important and interesting it is to comment on a blog, not just read it.
    Really good post! :)

    REWA

    ReplyDelete